There are many opportunities for saving energy in the workplace.
Saving energy at work relies on two factors:
- Employers making it possible for employees to participate energy saving initiatives.
- Employers motivating all employees to take the energy saving challenge.
- Make the switch to compact fluorescent bulbs where you can.
- Work with building management to ensure air conditioning and lights are turned off overnight.
- Encourage staff to turn off equipment and lights when not in use. Power boards with on/off switches make it easier to turn of groups of machines, lights, computers, etc.
- Keep your equipment in good working order and you will save on power consumption.
- Protect your equipment (and your business) by installing a power filter or conditioner.
Tools to assist you to save energy
Self audit fact sheet and worksheet (PDF 455KB)
A guide to calculating business electricity operating costs for energy tariffs.
Office Equipment fact sheet (PDF 78KB)
Learn how to operate your office equipment more efficiently.
Energy Efficient Dairy fact sheet (PDF 80kb)
Assesing the way milking equipement uses electricity can reduce overall energy costs.
Energy Efficient Irrigation fact sheet (PDF 111kb)
Insuring that you are irrigating energy efficiently can reduce overall costs.
For further information on energy efficiency visit our other energy efficiency links.